|Recurring or debuting plot points in this episode:
- Catchphrase: Shirley says, "That's nice," when Abed calls Meghan and her friends "bitches."
- Middle Eastern Magic 8 Ball: Abed's HUD display alludes to future episodes based on his internal memos including:
- That just happened: Britta mentions "punch your butt" as things men supposedly say, which perplexes Annie. In the previous episode, Troy did just that to Pierce.
|Recurring or debuting characters in this episode:
|List of Running gags
|Recurring or debuting running gags in this episode:
- A dollop of whipped irony: Troy says "Let me just make sure Pierce isn't hovering around", referring to Pierce's claim he will be watching them all the time. Pierce then proceeds to use a device that hovers around to spy on them, and ruin their secret.
- Annie's Boobs: Annie says, "Bring it in for a boob bump ladies," when speaking with Shirley and Britta in the beginning of the episode.
- Awwww!: Shirley, Britta and Annie love that Abed buys them a round of sodas. They "Awwww" again when he apologizes to them for going out of control.
- Bag-ul: Britta mispronounces RoboCop as Rowboat Cop.
- Biggest laugh of the night!: Pierce gets double bounced and flies over a hedge and crashes into a dumpster, breaking both legs.
- Come sail away!: Troy cries when Pierce wants to be double bounced on the trampoline.
- Gasp: Annie, Britta and Shirley gasp, first when Meghan's friend insults Annie, and later when Abed insults all three of them.
- Gay, he's so gay!: Pierce think's Jeff's new boots are gay.
- Troy and Abed in the Morning!: Star-Burns is their unwitting guest and Garrett does the weather.
|List of Pop culture references
|References to popular culture in this episode:
- IMDb: Abed compares his ability to belittle people to RoboCop's crime fighting.
- Product placement: Pierce buys himself an expensive Draganflyer RC helicopter which is featured prominently in this episode.
- Shout out: Abed describes Tom Cruise as "short and nuts."
- TV Guide: Abed's RoboCop vision reminds him to record Cougar Town.
- Use your allusion:
|List of Meta references
|Meta references in this episode:
- Résumé: Hilary Duff worked with Chevy Chase in the movie Stay Cool.
- On the Community The Complete Second Season DVD commentaries, Donald Glover mentions that the library setting is full of ridiculous and racist books purposely put there by the setting crew.
- “You're like a machine.”— Annie
- “Like RoboCop.”— Abed
- “Exactly like Rowboat cop. Sharice is a bad rowboat. Sink her.”— Britta
- “Are you two ready to shoot the rock after study group? I'm going to slit your butts' throats.”— Pierce
- “Tell me how to get this laid back or I'll kill your families!”— Pierce
- “Check that attitude at the door.”— Shirley
- “Check the door before you go through it, Shirley.”— Abed
- “Let me buy you some ice cream. My white guilt is doing somersaults.”— Jeff
- “...Worth it.”— Troy
- “Look at your face. It's like your mom was a lizard who got raped by a muppet.”— Meghan
- “That burn was brought to you by the letter 'S' as in Snap!”— Chang