The Greendale Campus courtyard is an open area located outside of the Student lounge. It has been used for special events, outdoor classes and a general area for the students to hang out in. It's first appearance was the Season Two episode "Messianic Myths and Ancient Peoples".
The entrance to the student lounge is located on the right and another entrance to an adjecent building is to the left. A large bulletin board is on prominent display on the north wall along with a sign that says not to feed the pigeons. Another wall to the south closes off the rest of the area. A few of the green metal benches as well as the umbrella tables are supplied for the enclosure. The walls are covered with ivy, the closest the school has come to being in the ivy league.
- "Messianic Myths and Ancient Peoples": Abed realizes his Meta documentary on Jesus is horrible and goes outside to the courtyard to pray to a higher power in order to resolve the out of control situation he created while filming.
- "Urban Matrimony and the Sandwich Arts": Jeff is shown in the courtyard struggling to come up with a toast for Andre and Shirley's wedding
- "Pillows and Blankets": In the courtyard, Jeff holds a summit between Troy and Abed, the two leaders of the opposing forces in the Pillow and Blanket war.
- "Basic Lupine Urology": Troy and Abed apprehend Todd in the courtyard where a basket weaving class is being held.
- "Curriculum Unavailable": A flashback to shows that the "Wigging Out Dance" was held in the courtyard with Jeff and Annie attending the event.