Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|The study group returns from winter break, and Britta is excited about her new psychology class. It's then that Jeff arrives with an impressive new swagger immediately noticed by the others. He tells them that his latest therapist has given him anti-anxiety drugs. Britta warns that such self-confidence enhancing medication could be problematic for someone with Jeff's ego. Abed ends the discussion when he and an actor suddenly perform a scene from "The Fugitive". Britta suggests an intervention after Troy and Annie explain that he's been spending lot's of money on impersonators reenacting scenes from movies. Abed and the impersonator's scene is cut short when campus security guard Chang overreacts to the situation and shoots out one of the study room windows with a tranquilizer gun.
Chang is summoned to Dean Pelton's office for his actions. Chang claims his extreme response was due to him having no help. Pelton agrees to let him recruit student volunteers to assist him. In the hallway, Britta continues to warn Jeff about his anti-anxiety medication. She explains his self-confidence will expand and turn him into an ego driven monster. Jeff ignores her enjoying his new swagger has resulted in complimentary reactions including ones from Leonard and Dean Pelton. Later in the cafeteria, Vinnie, the owner of the impersonator agency, shows up demanding payment from Abed for his services. When he notices that the study group resembles certain celebrities, he comes up with an alternative solution to clear the debt. He proposes that they help him out on a gig at a client's Bar Mitzvah celebration.
|After sending Abed and Vinnie away, the group debates on whether or not they should help him. Annie argues that enabling Abed's addictions and role playing won't be good for him in the long run as it makes him lose touch with reality. Troy counters that Abed's take on reality is something that has benefited the group on many occasions and that he's done so much for them that they owe it to him to help him out. Swayed by Troy's speech, the others agree. Afterwards, Troy thanks Vinnie for giving them a chance to bail out Abed. Vinnie drops the niceties and issues Troy a warning: if the group in any way messes up the gig and it doesn't go smoothly, then the deal is off. If that happens, then he won't send another bill; instead, he'll just send two of his employees to break Abed's legs.
|At the Bar Mitzvah, Vinnie lays down the ground rules for the event to his employees and the study group and specifically tells them to stay within their assigned quadrants at the party. He hands Jeff a tuxedo for his celebrity impersonation, Ryan Seacrest. Britta tries to stop him before his ego gets out of hand. Jeff tells her he should be fine since his therapist doubled his dosage which makes Britta even more concerned. Troy steps in before she can do anything more. He sends them both off to their assignments, determined to make the evening go as smoothly as possible . Meanwhile, Pierce shows up to the party dressed as Burt Reynolds but is refused entry until he states his impersonation is of a fat Marlon Brando.
Back at the party, Troy struggles to keep a tight rein on Abed who is roaming the party, fraternizing with the other impressionists. Meanwhile, Annie is surprised to see Sgt.Chang there who explains that his brother the rabbi, got him this security gig. A plan starts to form in Chang's head when he recruits some of the young boys there to be on his security force and notices a DJ who looks like Dean Pelton. Elsewhere, Jeff struggles to keep his ego in check after compliments from adoring female party guests. Britta tries to help him by berating him and crushing his self-esteem. She is somewhat successful until Troy shows up and forces her to go back to her assigned quadrant. Jeff is quickly surrounded by his fans and becomes intrigued when they tell him about an awards ceremony being held at the end of the night.
|At the "Star Mitzvah" awards ceremony, the guest of honor Howie Schwartz sweeps all the awards including the one for most handsome young man. A jealous Jeff explodes into an ego-induced rage and rushes the stage. He pushes Howie aside and snatches his award while ripping off his shirt and coat. Shirley attempts to reason with him, but he grabs her and kisses her. Chang sends his new kid security force after Jeff but he easily fights them off. He leaves the stage only to be shot in the leg with a tranquilizer dart by Chang and runs out of the building. Vinnie overhears Howie Schwartz thanking his father for having a Hulk impersonator show up. Vinnie tells Troy he got lucky and that Abed's debt is now paid. Afterwards, Troy comes home he finds Abed there with his leg in a cast. He fears the worst until he it's revealed to be role play with another celebrity impersonator.
|Angered, he goes to their room only to find more rented actors infuriating him further. Sometime later, Abed talks to Troy and asks if he is angry at him. Troy admits how upset he is because Abed just undid all the hard work his friends did. While Troy understands Abed hates being told what to do, he pleads with him to listen this time as it almost cost him his legs. Abed is confused but agrees to have an open mind to Troy's opinion for the sake of their friendship. Troy is relieved to have resolved the issue and asks to join Abed in the Dreamatorium to play. Abed disappoints Troy by saying he'd rather play alone. Meanwhile, Jeff wakes up from the effects of the tranquilizer dart on the side of the road. Several of the party attendants drive past him and taunt him before Britta shows up to offer him a ride. Inside the Dreamatorium, Abed is surprised to see Evil Abed also there...
|Chang is standing in front of a giant Greendale flag saluting. He holds his stance for a long time before addressing his troops: several kids he recruited from the Bar Mitzvah. He asks them if they are ready to "Chang" the world. They respond by eagerly chanting his name repeatedly until one of them yells ""All hail Chang!".
- Returning students: Leonard makes a brief appearance.
- That just happened: Jeff says that he is seeing a new therapist. He had mentioned previously in "Regional Holiday Music" that he was planning on seeing a new one.
- In the Season One episode "Football, Feminism and You" Troy says, "That dude looks like Moby," in reference to Dean Pelton. Chang notices the resemblance when he encounters Faux-by at the Bar Mitzvah.
- In the Season Two episode "Asian Population Studies", Jeff calls Abed "Brown Jamie Lee Curtis". In this episode, he is impersonating that actress.
- Abed reminds Troy of their agreement that friends don't lie to one another, mentioning the airdate of the episode "Advanced Criminal Law" as the day they made that deal: October 15th, 2009.
- A nice gesture: Troy tries to give Abed their signature handshake, but Abed doesn't respond.
- Familiar face: Evil Abed returns in this episode.
- First appearance: Faux-by is introduced in this episodes as are members of Chang's new campus security force.
- School supplies:
- A Sweet ride: Britta's car makes another appearance.
- Middle Eastern Magic 8 Ball:
- Abed seems to be losing touch with reality and drifting away from Troy.
- When Dean Pelton suggests security interns Chang blurts out, "You won't regret this unless I rise up against you." Later we see Chang hatch his scheme to raise an army and replace the Dean with an impersonator.
- Bueller? Bueller? Bueller?: When Annie tells the group about Abed's impressionist addiction, Britta points at each study group member and asks "Intervention?", "Intervention?", "Intervention?".
- Disney face: Chang tries unsuccessfully to use this on Pelton.
- Shut up Leonard!: Subverted when Jeff doesn't insult Leonard but thanks him for a compliment that he gives him in this episode.
- Man crush: Dean Pelton actually faints and has a seizure after seeing an even more confident Jeff.
- Catchphrase: "Cool...cool, cool, cool.l." - Abed, "Hot...hot, hot, hot" - Evil Abed
- Nice outfit: The study group impersonates various celebrities:
- Changuage: Chang asks his new security force if they are ready to "Chang" the world.
- You're the worst!: Shirley mutters "The worst," when Britta makes a terrible play on words.
- IRL: Jeff impersonates Ryan Seacrest, with whom Joel McHale has longstanding friendly feud.
- Use your allusion:
- Jeff becoming an ego driven monster mimics the transformation of The Hulk from the iconic 1980's TV show.
- IMDB: Precious Castaway, Lorenzo's Oil and Patch Adams are all named.
- Shout out:
- Dean Pelton compares Chang's pouty face to Renée Zellweger.
- Jeff mentions something about Danny Thomas.
- Troy credits Sapphire as the author of the novel Push.
- Celebrity impersonations abound: French Stewart (played by the real French Stewart), Anne Hathaway (Annie), Quincy Jones (the guy who makes the fishsticks), Ving Rhames, Michael Chiklis, Geena Davis, Tommy Lee Jones, Tom Hanks, Walter Matthau, Lorenzo Lamas, Cher, Moby, Morgan Freeman, Bono, Sean Connery, Christopher Walken, Jack Nicholson, Robin Williams, Richard Gere, Julia Roberts, Rutger Hauer.
- Well-read: Abed got Shirley a copy of Push signed by the author.
- Name that tune: The Lonely Man, the end theme from the 80s TV show The Incredible Hulk, plays when Jeff wakes up after his hulk-out.
|Professor Ian Duncan is not seen during the 2011-2012 semester at Greendale but a book he authored is seen shown being held by Britta Perry who declared her major to be Psychology.
- “Baby Ben got to be Baby Jesus in our church's nativity play, and Andre was Joseph, and Jordan was one of the wise men, and I was in charge of casting.”— Shirley
- “What is this I hear about a tranquilizer gun? If you had hit a small student, they could have died!”— Dean Pelton
- “I wouldn't do that. I have a heavy flashlight for them.”— Chang
- “Maybe you can bring on some students as security interns. I'll let you offer them a credit in safety or math or something.”— Dean Pelton
- “Thank you, sir. You won't regret this unless I rise up against you. I don't know why I said that.”— Chang
- “I was thinking, you know that person that you study for your psych class? Maybe that should be me.”— Jeff
- “Mm-mm. No way. You are way out of my league, diagnostically speaking. I'm gonna go with someone a little less complicated. Like Abed.”— Britta
|Season Three Episodes|
1. "Biology 101"
12. "Contemporary Impressionists"
|Season One • Season Two • Season Three • Season Four • Season Five • Season Six|