|Recurring or debuting plot points in this episode:
- History lesson: Troy expands on Annie's past Adderall addiction in high school. Apparently, while on an Adderall high, she tried to straighten the lines on the school's football field while a game was in progress.
- Googly eyes: Jeff and Annie have a frank discussion about their relationship and the need for them to evolve past roles they've become comfortable in even if it means losing what they have now.
- A nice gesture: Jeff explains that treating Annie as a kid was a crutch he used to avoid his feelings for her.
|Recurring or debuting characters in this episode:
- First appearance: Annie Kim, Annie Edison's Asian rival, debuts in this episode. Her next appearance is in the Season Four Episode "History 101."
- Returning students:
- Garrett returns as the moderator for the competition.
- Vicki is on Red Model UN team.
- Familiar faces: Sgt. Nunez returns in this episode.
|List of Running gags
|Recurring or debuting running gags in this episode:
- Butt stuff: Troy rips through a paper banner depicting the Greendale logo, which is meant to be an anus.
- Double entendre: Professor Cligoris' name; no explanation required.
- Gasp: Annie gasps after Annie Kim asks her if Jeff is her father or her lover.
- Gay, he's so gay!: Pierce intentionally mispronounces Jeff's country that he represents in the Model UN competition (Uruguay) as "You are gay".
- It's a vase: Annie again unintentionally does another suggestive motion, this time with a straw.
- Nice outfit: Britta's final protest of the UN has her wearing a black leotard with dolls hanging off of it.
- NOOOOO!: Annie yells this and throws a tantrum after Jeff and the others become distracted by a fart during the Model U.N. showdown.
- Sexy voice: Shirley says this as Chang carries Britta away, though she realise it's not.
- Turning it into a snake: Britta dances around and chants as if doing a ritual during her final protest.
|List of Pop culture references
|References to popular culture in this episode:
- The study group references Spartacus by everyone taking the fall and saying they farted.
- When bursting through to the second Model U.N., Troy breaks through by pushing his finger through the Greendale Anus Flag in reference to "Ace Ventura: When Nature Calls", in which Jim Carey similarly escapes being trapped inside a robotic rhino through its butt.
- Name that tune: "Hello" by Lionel Richie is played several times during Chang and Britta's interactions.
- Product placement: The classic board game "Operation" is mentioned in the end tag.
- Use your allusion: The red and blue alternate universes could be a reference to the ones in "Fringe."
- When Annie goes to tell the group about the UN flyer, Shirley attempts to throw food in Abed's mouth, but instead Troy deflects it.
- Also on the bulletin board with the UN flyer is a flag football tournament flyer. Eight Greendale clubs are mentioned including Chess vs Glee, Karate Kid vs Disco, Hat vs Culture (ha ha) and Drama vs Improv.
- Frequent background extras Jeremy and Long haired guy are featured prominently. Jeremy sits behind Professor Cligoris during the Model UN showdown. Long haired guy is on Annie Kim's Model UN team (Ghana) along with short haired lady (Mexico), bespectacled Asian guy (Japan), moustached African-American guy (Germany) and Vicki (Turkey).
- “Maybe I don't want a new path or any path. Maybe my path is a warpath that leads to the Terror Dome, N-words...okay, maybe I went too far. Maybe I don't want to offend my African American friends, but the larger point is maybe I'm not done RAGING AGAINST THE MACHINE!”— Britta
- “Ohhh! Damn, Pierce!”— Shirley
- “That wasn't me!”— Pierce
- “I don't smell anything...Oh wait, I just got it.”— Abed
- “Guys, come on focus, we've got to get through this like adults or were going to lose pionts!”— Annie
- “Get through it? It's almost a solid!”— Troy
- “Guys! This is important to Annie! So whoever actually died a few months ago fess up so we can put a stake through your heart!”— Jeff
- “Jeff!”— Annie
- “Annie, I think the real lesson here is that a Model U.N., much like the real U.N., quickly fall apart when faced with actual adversity...”— Jeff
- “NOOOOOO! I think the lesson here is that I need to win this! I want to win! And you! YOU SUCK! Your a stupid, ugly, poop face and I'm better than you!”— Annie
- “Annie, stop! You're acting like a little school girl and not in a hot way!”— Jeff
- “If embarrassment were bountiful zinc deposits, I'd be Zambia.”— Annie
- “There's nothing to be Zambia about, Annie.”— Jeff
- “A logical, effective, common sense move, Annie Kim...One which flies in the very face of the United Nations itself: a fundamentally symbolic organization founded on the principles of high-minded rhetoric and empty gestures.”— Professor Cligoris
- “I told you to stop playing "Operation" on me. I'm not your damn board game. At lease you didn't get my spare ribs.”— Pierce