"Greendale is Where I Belong" is a musical cue used during emotional moments in episodes of Community. The song was written by the show composer Ludwig Göransson who released an extended version with lyrics. This was heard in the Season One episode "Pascal's Triangle Revisited" during the final scene with Jeff and Annie.
Be my little friend
Through the mountain's end
We could write a book
Without thinking how we look
- "Basic Genealogy": The melody is briefly heard after Annie asks Jeff to help Pierce win over his step daughter Amber.
- "Intro to Political Science": Troy tells Abed they can never stop being friends during their political wrap-up.
- "Foosball and Nocturnal Vigilantism": The song plays when Jeff and Shirley leave to go see a movie together.
- "Pillows and Blankets": The song plays towards the end as Jeff reads his first journal entry aloud.
- "Virtual Systems Analysis": Annie and Abed recreate Jeff and Annie's moment outside the Tranny Dance using the Dreamatorium.
- "Digital Estate Planning": The song is heard when Abed downloads Hilda from the video game "Journey to the Center of Hawkthorne".
- Introduction to Finality": The song plays when Troy returns from Air Conditioning repair school and hugs both Britta and Abed.
- "Cooperative Escapism in Familial Relations": The song plays when Willy Jr. hugs Jeff in his Lexus.
- "Advanced Introduction to Finality": The song plays while Jeff discusses his plans outside of Greendale.
- "Emotional Consequences of Broadcast Television": Motifs of the song play when Jeff returns to the study room.