|Los Angeles City College is a public community college located in East Hollywood, Los Angeles, California. A part of the Los Angeles Community College District, it is located on Vermont Avenue south of Santa Monica Boulevard. The campus has a distinctive Italian Romanesque look which has appeared on several TV shows. In 2009 "Community" began filming there as the exterior for several key locations of the fictional campus of "Greendale Community College". It's first appearance was in the Season One" episode Pilot.|
- "Pilot": The opening scene features the main characters around the campus.
- "Spanish 101": The opening scene shows Jeff driving onto the college's parking lot.
- "Introduction to Film": In this episode, Jeff tries to impress Eustice Whitman by staging an elaborate "Seize the day" moment on the campus quad.
- "Advanced Criminal Law": A view of the quad from the library steps is seen at the opening of the episode.
- "Home Economics": An outdoor concert is held on the campus quad.
- "The Politics of Human Sexuality": The outside of the cafeteria is shown twice; when the STD fair is being setup and when Abed is asked by Pelton to make an announcement on the P.A. system.
- "Comparative Religion": The campus quad is seen again, this time decorated for the winter Holliday. The study group and Mike's gang get into a brawl on the quad later in the episode.
- "Modern Warfare": The paintball wrecked campus quad is featured several times in this episode.
- "Ladders": During the opening scene with Deans announcement over the school's Public address system various characters were filmed on the LACC campus. Towards the end of the episode the campus is shown again with the students partying after the prohibition ban is lifted.
Three partcular buildings and locations from the LACC campus have been prominently featured on "Community". They were used as the Library and outside views of the campus quad. Other exterior shots on the show were usually shot around the Paramount lot during Seasons One through Five until production moved to the CBS Studio Center Stage 14 lot.