|“||I think we're going to be able to go to places this season that sitcoms aren't traditionally known to go, but without shattering any timber of the fourth wall or without devolving into conceptional cutesiness. I want to keep the world real and the characters real, while just striving to entertain on a level that only a drowning man might.||”|
The second season of the television comedy series Community premiered on September 23, 2010 on NBC and aired on Thursdays at 8:00 p.m. ET as part of Comedy Night Done Right. On March 5, 2010, NBC renewed Community for a second season.
- Joel McHale as Jeff Winger
- Gillian Jacobs as Britta Perry
- Danny Pudi as Abed Nadir
- Yvette Nicole Brown as Shirley Bennett
- Donald Glover as Troy Barnes
- Alison Brie as Annie Edison
- Ken Jeong as Ben Chang
- Chevy Chase as Pierce Hawthorne
- Jim Rash as Dean Craig Pelton (10 episodes)
- Richard Erdman as Leonard (8 episodes)
- Dino Stamatopoulos as Star-Burns(7 episodes)
- Erik Charles Nielsen as Garrett Lambert (6 episodes)
- John Oliver as Professor Ian Duncan (5 episodes)
- Greg Cromer as Rich (2 episodes)
- Malcolm-Jamal Warner as Andre Bennett(2 episodes)
- Betty White as Professor June Bauer ("Anthropology 101", end tag of "The Psychology of Letting Go")
- LeVar Burton as himself ("Intermediate Documentary Filmmaking")
- Drew Carey as Ted ("Accounting for Lawyers")
- Andy Dick as Tiny Man("Aerodynamics of Gender", "Early 21st Century Romanticism")
- Kevin Corrigan as Professor Sean Garrity ("Conspiracy Theories and Interior Design", "Competitive Wine Tasting")
- Rob Corddry as Alan Connor ("Accounting for Lawyers")
- Eliza Coupe as Special Agent Robin Vohlers ("Intro to Political Science")
- Hilary Duff as Meghan ("Aerodynamics of Gender")
- Amber Lancaster as Christine ("The Psychology of Letting Go")
- Patton Oswalt as Nurse Jackie ("The Psychology of Letting Go")
- Paul F. Tompkins as Robert ("Mixology Certification")
- Matt Walsh as Joshua ("Aerodynamics of Gender")
|Season Two Episodes|
1. "Anthropology 101"
13. "Celebrity Pharmacology 212"
|Season One • Season Two • Season Three • Season Four • Season Five|
The second season featured a stop-motion animated Christmas episode written by series creator Dan Harmon and Dino Stamatopoulos, who plays Star-Burns in the series. Harmon said, "There's a reason for it to be stop-motion animated, but it's not a dream. It still exists within the reality of the show."Guest stars in the second season of Community include Betty White in the season premiere as June Bauer, an anthropology professor. Drew Carey appeared in the second episode of the season as Ted, a feared patriarch from Jeff's old law firm, and Rob Corddry also appeared in the second episode as Alan, Jeff's best friend from his old law firm. Hilary Duff guest starred in the seventh episode as a "mean girl" who's a part of a clique that goes head-to-head with the Greendale study group.
On November 3, 2010, NBC ordered 2 additional episodes for the second season, bringing it to a total of 24 episodes.